The following information pertains to the load-in procedure only, NOT team drop-off.
Please complete the required load-in survey by Sunday, March 26.
- Pits will be open for Load-in on Wednesday, 5:00PM - 8:00PM. Teams must arrive no later than 7:30PM for Wednesday for load-in.
- Teams are strongly encouraged to schedule their arrival and load-in slot by completing our survey. Unscheduled teams may experience unloading delays.
- Drivers of load-in vehicles must stay with their vehicle when it is being unloaded and move it from the drop off point as soon as it is emptied.
- Teams dropping off robots and equipment will be allowed five (5) people into the building. Ideally, each team will have two adults present during load-in, one to stay with the vehicle and one to accompany students to the pits. An adult must be in the pits whenever students are in the pits. If the driver is the only adult team member present during load-in, students may not bring the team's equipment and supplies inside until the driver parks the delivery vehicle and accompanies the students into the pits. If desired, Load-in volunteers can help by bringing your team's equipment and supplies to your pit while students wait for driver to park the vehicle.
- Teams may use as much time as needed within the allotted hours to set up their pit, however the team must leave the pits immediately after their pit is set up or at 8:00PM. Teams can expect to be asked to leave by event personnel if it is noted that their pit set up is complete and they have not yet left the pit area.
- Each team’s pit area must be in a safe state when the team leaves after load-in.
- The Sunday load-in period ends at 8:00PM and all team members must exit the building by this time.
Teams who prefer may load-in on Thursday morning and should make every effort to arrive between 7:30AM and 8:30AM to avoid delays. Load-in opens on Thursday at 7:45AM.
ROBOT & EQUIPMENT LOAD-IN RULES
- Teams should have team numbers clearly visible on the robot. No work on robots or robot-related materials is allowed. Teams may plug chargers in and start charging batteries.
- Any structures erected in the pits must be under 10’ tall and remain within the team’s 10’ x 10’ pit footprint, including the height of signs, flags, banners, etc.) Canopies and other covering above any pit structure or outside the 10' x 10' pit boundaries will not be allowed for safety purposes. Teams can expect event personnel to ask that these structures and items be removed.
- Each pit must be in a safe configuration when team members complete their pit set up.
Link to Official Load In Rules from FIRST: https://www.firstinspires.org/sites/default/files/uploads/frc/EventRulesManual.pdf
MAPS & COORDINATES
- Following are street view images of the ramp for load-in, as it is not necessarily intuitive to find. You will see that there are signs that say, "Do not enter, authorized vehicles only," but they do not apply to FIRST teams during load-in/out. The ramp for the load-in entrance veers off before both the Empire Plaza and Eagle Street exits. If you drive through the tunnel past "The Egg" you have gone too far.
- Load-In Entrance
51 S Pearl Street
Albany, NY 12207
- Grand Street Lot for Buses/Trailers
Grand Street Parking Lot
Albany, NY 12207
Click here for the Team Load-in and Bus Parking Map
From Market St., turn right down the ramp into the Loading Dock area after the sign that says “Authorized Vehicles Only.”